Frequently Asked Questions
1. WHAT IS CROWDRISING?
CrowdRising is a Person to Person, Direct Funding and Crowd Sharing Platform. It brings forth a new way of raising funds for various causes, whether it is for personal needs or a host of worthy causes, such as churches, schools, non-profit organizations, etc.
2. IS CROWDRISING A COMPANY, A BUSINESS OR A CORPORATION?
No, CrowdRising is a Platform made by the people and for the people. It was created by a group of like-minded people for this very purpose.
3. IS CROWDRISING AVAILABLE WORLDWIDE?
Yes, it is available worldwide.
4. HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE?
There are 2 ways to get involved:
- This first one is highly recommended. If you have been invited to join, click on that person’s referral link and you will be instructed to fill out a simplified registration form.*
- In the event that you were not invited by family /friends then you can join by going to https://crowdrising.net/ and click on the Sign-Up button. You will then be referred directly by the Administrator and the system will automatically spill you down into the first eligible or qualified member's genealogy.
* See the tutorial videos on the website (before logging in) by clicking on the Tutorials tab on the top menu bar. You'll see how to register, upgrade and more. Please watch these videos before proceeding with the sign-up form and subequent upgrading.
5. CAN I HAVE MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT?
Yes you can but it is strongly recommended that you do not stack them. For example, you create a 2nd account under the Referrer of your 1st account or create a 3rd account under the Referrer of your 1st or 2nd account. This is considered stacking. This is an unethical practice. However, this may be acceptable in the event that you are creating a fundraiser for a worthy cause that inspires you. In this case, you will need to go to the Tutorial's tab where you can find tutorial videos, guiding you step by step on how to set up a fundraiser account.
6. CAN I SIGN PEOPLE UP MYSELF?
Yes you can. In fact, you are encouraged to do that to make sure that the people you bring in are placed under the correct Referrer, which is you, but keep in mind that once you have 5 personal Referrals, your additional referrals automatically spill down into your direct referrals genealogy. You will also be able to dictate where you want the referral to go, from the 1st generation level all the way down to the 15th level.
7. ARE THERE ANY FEES TO PAY?
No, there are no fees of any kind. The Founders of the CrowdRising Platform offer the system 100% free of charge.
8. WHAT DONATION/PAY PROCESSORS ARE USED?
The Donation processors are determined by the participants themselves. You can decide how you wish to receive donations and list your chosen Processors on your Dashboard under the My Money tab. You must enter at least one in order to be able to save the setting in your Profile or you will not be qualified to make use of the system.
You are advised to watch a tutorial video on how to set up your donation methods.
9. ARE THE PAYMENTS AUTOMATED?
No, as you receive donations directly from another participant, you will need to verify that funds have been deposited in whichever processor your Referral chose. Then and only then should you approve the donation.
10. CAN I EDIT MY PROFILE, E.G. CHANGE MY EMAIL ADDRESS OR DONATION METHODS?
Yes, you are in control of your account. See the tutorial section for editing your profile.
11. CAN I CHANGE MY REFERRER?
Should you need to change your Referrer, you will need to contact support, outlining the reason(s) why you want to change. You can do this either through the Live Support button or write an email to email@example.com. The support team or system administrator will reply to you as soon as possible.
12. I SENT THE DONATION BUT MY REFERRER HAS NOT APPROVED IT. WHAT CAN I DO?
There will be a timer, which the recipient of the donation will see to determine how many hours he/she has to approve the donation. If the timer reaches “0” and the donation has not been confirmed, you will need to contact support with proof of donation, ie, a screenshot of the Transaction ID made through the payment processor. Simply upload the document and sent it to firstname.lastname@example.org for further investigation by the support team.
13. I SAW THE NAME OF MY REFERRER ON THE SIGN-UP FORM, BUT IT SHOWS A DIFFERENT PERSON AS MY REFERRER ON MY DASHBAORD. WHY IS THAT?
This is due to spillover. You will need to refer to a tutorial video or to the power point slide show on the website, before you login, to understand how spillover works.
For example: Bob has filled his Stage 1 with 5 members, but you happen to be the 6th person that has signed-up under his referral link. The system will still show that you have signed up under Bob, but since Bob can only have 5 members on his first level, which is Stage 1, the system automatically spills you downwards into Bob’s next generation of members that have not filled their Stage 1 yet. Let’s say you land on Kathy’s first level. The system will now show Kathy as your Sponsor and your $20 donation is to be sent to Kathy and not Bob.
14. ARE THERE ANY REFUNDS?
No, there are no refunds allowed, since all donations are sent directly from one person’s processor to another person’s processor. No funds are being held by the Administrator or the Founding group. CrowdRising has NO 3rd Party Processor to handle any transactions.
15. WHEN I WENT TO UPGRADE TO A HIGHER STAGE, THE SYSTEM SHOWS SOMEONE ELSE AS MY REFERRER ON THE UPGRADE TAB TO WHOM I HAVE TO SEND MY DONATION. WHY IS THAT?
This is how a pass-up works. You will need to refer to a tutorial video or to the power point slide show on the website before login, to understand how a pass-up works. For example, your direct Referral donated $20 to you. When you step up or upgrade to Stage 2, the donation goes up to your Referrer's Referrer. When you step up to Stage 3, it goes to the 3rd Referrer, in that order all the way to Stage 15 and that is how the donations from your generation’s referrals will flow up to you.
Those that you see in your 1st generation are your direct referrals, which you have personally referred, and they will donate $20 to you. Those that you see in your 2nd generation will donate $40 to you when they step up to Stage 2. Those in all other stages will donate to you whenever they step up and submit the donation required for that particular Stage. As your donations increase with every Stage upgrade, the same applies to your referrals donations when they roll up to you in the exact same fashion.
16. IF I AM NOT SURE MY DONATION IS GOING TO THE RIGHT PERSON, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
You will need to refer to a tutorial video or to the power point slide show, on the website before login, to understand how this all works and if you are still in doubt then do NOT make the donation
Instead, either: A) contact your Referrer or
B) contact support via Live Chat (not available at this time) or send a support ticket to email@example.com with details, name of your Referrer and the name and email address of the member the system is showing where to send the donation. And either the system administrators or support team will get back to you as soon as possible.
17. WHAT IS SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT ABOUT STAGES 11-15?
Stages 11-15 requires you to have a BTC (Bitcoin) wallet in which to send and receive donations due to the secure nature of cryptocurrency.
18. IF I HAVE A QUESTION THAT IS NOT COVERED HERE IN THE FAQ, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
For further information, go to the website, view the videos on the Tutorial Tab, contact your Referrer, or get on the Live Support (not yet available) and be assisted in real time. If they are offline, use the Support ticket on your Dashboard or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only submit ONE ticket per issue per 12 hours. We do our best to respond to all tickets effectively and in a timely manner, but patience is necessary.